Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kids' Ideas About Love

Kids, aged 5 to 10, were asked questions about what they thought of love and marriage. Here's what they said...

Caroline, England
mobile-phone,HTC-Wildfire

"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." -- Glenn, age 7

Sonya, The Netherlands
25.2

"Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." -- John, age 9

Sarah, Georgia
2.25 Today

No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." -- Mae, age 9

Rocio, Mexico
2.25.11

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -- Kenny, age 7

Becky, Philadelphia
2.25.11

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." -- Regina, age 10

Wanda, Canada
2.25.2001

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." -- Dave, age 8

Lola, Utah
2.25

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." -- Tom, age 5

Buckeroomama, Hong Kong
2.25

"[Being] single is better . . . for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change no diapers. Of course, if I did get married, I'd figure something out. I'd just phone my mother and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing." -- Kirsten, age 10

Emily, Italy
2.25

"Love is foolish...but I still might try it sometime." -- Floyd, age 9

Happy Friday!!!

6 comments:

  1. Kids sure make being in love so profoundly simple. If only it were so easy!

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fantastic pictures today! LOVE them!

    Wedding cake testing! What flavor did they pick??

    I love the babies : ) Love. Love. Love.

    Hope you can all find lots of beauty wherever you may go this weekend! Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids these days sure are wise beyond their years, aren't they? =)

    Lola, what's with all these pics of soft drinks? ;p

    Happy weekend, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter tells us she is going to marry her friend Jordon and not have any babies. But he is NOT her boyfriend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the images today and the kids quotes are just too funny.

    Rocio - wow, what amazing colours

    Sonya - such a breathtaking sunset.

    Have a great week-end!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep,love is foolish, but oh, so worth it! Fun stuff here today!

    ReplyDelete